Thursday, October 13, 2011

Greece: Day -1

Location: Denver

Received the following information earlier this evening:
Latest updates on the labor actions in Greece.

On 14 October taxi services in Greece will not be operating for 24 hours due to industrial action. (Excludes any pre-arranged travel from Heraklion to Matala through the Hotel Zafaria and our office.)

On 14 -15 October bus, trolley bus, metro and tram services in the Athens region will not be operating for 48 hours due to industrial action. Private transportation will be available at an increased cost.

Air traffic controllers in Greece are currently participating in ‘work to rule’ industrial action which may result in passengers experiencing some delays and cancellations at airports. Check with your airline before traveling.
Certainly makes my flying fears and my worries about forgetting something seem pretty silly. My solace is that if the plane cannot land in Athens, it will have to land somewhere in Europe.

Besides the volatile Greek political climate, everything else is go. I have my passport, as of October 10th my flights weren't cancelled, my out-of-office notification is set to boastfully inform my coworkers that I'm spending my birthday in Greece, and I've got some powerful pills to choke my customary pre-flight jitters. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment