Sunday, January 23, 2011

South Table Mountain, Colorado

Had some spontaneous Cameron time today, and we decided to do a hike. Cameron has had some extremely frightening and serious health issues recently, and he wanted to go somewhere that would not be too strenuous but still felt somewhat substantial. Enter the Table Mountains, mainstays in any amateur mountaineer’s arsenal. I’ve done the north one, so today we took the Lubahn Trail up South Table Mountain for a short hike and extended photo shoot. We found the perfect jutting piece of rock to play Batman on. Which we did, for like thirty minutes.





I also seized the opportunity to get another few geocaches under my belt. I had two set of coordinates plugged into my little Foretrex. The first turned out to be “hidden” about three feet from the trailhead, so I didn’t bother. The second, from the way the signal was jumping around in every direction, must have been attached to a caffeine-addled squirrel, so I walked away with no logs. Because I am a mature adult, I released my frustration by throwing things off the side of the mountain and watching them break when they hit the ground.


No comments:

Post a Comment