Thursday, August 6, 2015

Birthday Plans

I’m trying to plan our weekends for the next couple months, and that led me to thinking about my birthday, and then I got excited and had to plan everything. It’s been a bad year for trips between the weather, Dean not having vacation days, and a wedding to pay for, but I don’t think much can go wrong with this:

1. I will be gaming Friday night the 9th, so a leisurely Saturday morning. When we’re up and running, we’re driving to Pueblo.

2. Once in Pueblo, we’re going to Gagliano’s Italian Grocery for a light lunch of bread and cheese; don’t forget the potica! Then hitting the zoo, and trying Pueblo’s famous “sloppers” at Gray’s Coors Tavern for dinner.

3. Driving down to Alamosa to set up camp at the UFO Watchtower. We’ll heat up hard cider on my camp stove and eat potica while waiting for night to fall. The new moon is on the 13th, so I’m hoping for a very dark night. The UFO Watchtower has no light pollution, so I’m hoping to finally catch a glimpse of the Milky Way. Dress warmly!!

4. The next morning (unless we’ve been abducted by aliens), check out the Watchtower in the daylight, add a couple rocks to the Garden, and then head out to Great Sand Dunes National Park, where we will be hiking the ~1.75 miles to Zapata Falls.

5. I’m not terribly familiar with that area, so we’ll see if anything catches our eye before we head home. If nothing else, we can go to the Gator Farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment