Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Great Colorado Loop Officially Begins



Saw the man off on the Colorado Trail today from the alternate trailhead at Indian Creek; I walked with him about three miles before we parted ways, at which point he returned once again to Lenny’s Rest, where we’d hiked in January, and I walked back to his truck. Not exactly a good day, but I did make unusually good time back to the truck - three gently-uphill miles in about fifty minutes - and Glenn’s truck has a pretty decent sound system.

I’m Glenn’s thru-hiking sentinel of sorts; I am tasked with periodically sending out boxes of supplies, called “maildrops” in thru-hiking lingo, to strategically-chosen locations; the first goes out to the Fireside Inn in Breckenridge, which Glenn will be reaching in approximately ten days. We’re also scheduled to meet next Saturday afternoon for a campout at Kenosha Pass, when I will be bringing his snowshoes and an alternate pair of boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment